As of 14 June 2020 morning, the number of infection cases have risen to 7,860,748 while the death rates are now 432,200. If you compared with 2 days ago at 7,458,646 cases, it does not seem to be under control in some countries after easing on the restriction. Therefore, we sincerely hope that people will come to realize that regardless whether or not your Government is easing on the restriction, you have to take all necessary precaution of wearing mask & do social distancing from others while in public. This is the most basic precaution you should be taking under any circumstances without fail. That will in return safeguard not only yourself but to others who are in close contacts while in public. Never let your guard down even your Government has relaxed on the restriction as economy starts to open up.
Just do it from today onward! It will be the new norm in life with COVID-19.
In Singapore, we can see that our Government is stepping up with all sorts of precautions which is like Work-In-Progress since we do not really know what really works when the restriction starts to ease down after Circuit Breaker. We do understand that there is no foolproof plan that will work for all instances but much like trial an error kind of implementation. Of course there maybe some form of conflicts with implementation which might not be satisfying to everyone. At times, people might even get a little confused about the Phase 1 for businesses with regard to who can be opened and who cannot operate. There is no right or wrong way of doing thing as it is first time experience of such deadly virus unlike during the SARS period which was controllable.
Your right action keeps everyone safe!
No matter what plans are implemented, we the people should do the most basic precaution of wearing masks & doing social distancing from others in public. Plus washing our hands with soap frequently as to remove any virus before touching your eyes, nose or mouth while in public. Also, as far as possible during this period to isolate yourself whenever it is permitted so you can actually reduce the transmission of human to human. Let us all do our parts to help eliminate further spreading of contact between human to human. Be more civic minded when you are traveling in public and try not to join in the crowded places. As long as each of us take care of our own personal hygiene, it will definitely helps to reduce the chances of spreading through contacts.
Help to spread the right news of guideline to keep everyone safe!
Lastly, we sincerely do hope everyone can take these simple advice as how we can help one another to avoid further spreading in community. As long as there are unknown sources of infection, it is still very dangerous to be in public.
- Wearing masks whenever you are in public as a preventive measures.
- Washing hands with soap frequently as to eliminate the virus staying on your hands.
- Do social distancing from others as it helps to prevent the spread of infection without close contact.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth before you wash your hands with soap as it will be the source of entry for the virus to get you infected.
- If you need to sneeze, please use a tissue or otherwise bend your elbow and sneeze in between there.
- Should you have fever, cough and shortness of breathe, please do consult a doctor. Remember to wear mask when doing so.
- In order for more effective contact tracing, please do download the TraceTogether app for those who are staying in Singapore. This will actually eliminate those unknown sources as well as allow you to be informed should you be exposed to someone having the infection.
There is FAKED TraceTogether app being circulating and this will be prone to hacking of your handphone, please be aware and do not download it. It should be from the Google Play/ Apple App store and the app is developed by Government Technology Agency. Get it from the official website:
Kindly take note of the official site for downloading it and not from unknown sites that can be hacked since it is not the real app from the Government site.